About Santa Barbara Real Estate
Santa Barbara is a vibrant metro with 5 distinct lifestyle areas:
- The Downtown area is only about 10 blocks long, but is packed with so much to do: Michelin Star dining, tons of shopping, the downtown farmers market, Saturday Farmer’s Market, Seasonal Events like Fiesta and Solstice, plus parks and greenways great for pups & kids.
- The Historic Funk Zone, once a manufacturing and industrial area near the beach has been transformed to a 13-block home to creative collectives, wine tasting rooms, 5-star restaurants, hotels, bakeries, breweries, live music, shopping and antiquing.
- The historic Mission Canyon area is about 10 minutes from the ocean with incredible views of the Ocean, Channel Islands & Santa Ynez Mountains, with easy access to nature and hiking trails, architecturally special historic properties & stone lined streets, museums & the Santa Barbara Mission and Rose Garden.
- The Riviera arches gracefully over the downtown speckled with clay tiled roofs and crisp white Spanish buildings taking on picturesque Pacific and the Islands beyond. The curvy coastal neighborhood parallels the Mediterranean coast of France and Italy with countless cul-de-sacs and lanes primed for multi-level properties and sprawling decks.
- The Mesa is the bluff that separates the ocean from the Mission and is divided into East, West, and Alta Mesa. It’s home to some of Santa Barbara’s most magnificent ocean front public spaces and beaches like Shoreline Park, Leadbetter Beach, Mesa Beach, Hendry’s Beach, Douglas Preserve & our community-owned Ellings Park. Sub-divided in the 50’s the Mesa is known for smaller homes and cottages full of families, surfers & sailors seeking community and walkability.
What Sets Santa Barbara Apart
Known worldwide as The American Riviera, this coastal city, where the majestic Santa Ynez Mountains meet the Pacific Ocean, offers a breezy atmosphere, bountiful outdoor activities, historic Spanish influence, fine dining and endless sandy beaches.
- Recently renovated Santa Barbara Bowl stands as one of the premier outdoor concert venues in the country
- 20th-century Italian stonemason-built terracing, and an abundance of classic Spanish-style homes pepper the ocean view hillside
- Dozens of awe-inspiring trails for hikers of all levels
- Michelin Star dining
- Delicious organic and locally grown fruits, vegetables, farm-raised meats, artisan cheeses, jams and vibrant flowers for sale at the downtown Farmers Market
- Historic and working Santa Barbara harbor is home to a variety of adventures including kayaking, deep sea fishing whale watching, sailing and much more
Educating our clients about the nuances and neighborhoods in Santa Barbara is something we love to do while personally touring them through the scenic Riviera roadways, historic SB Courthouse, Granada Theatre, Arlington Theatre and Funk Zone.
SANTA BARBARA SCHOOLS
Santa Barbara County has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public and private schools in California.
TOP RANKED PRIVATE SCHOOLS THROUGHOUT THE AREA
A FEW OF OUR FAVORITE OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
The Beautiful Beaches Hendry’s Beach is our favorite! Grab a drink at the Boathouse and stroll along the CA coast…
Santa Barbara Bowl Most iconic outdoor music venue, a must visit
Santa Barbara Zoo 30-acre park is home to more than 146 species!
Hiking Team Scarborough loves Inspiration Point 🙂
Farmers’ Markets Every Tuesday afternoon and Saturday/Sunday mornings, take a walk around the farmers’ markets for local produce, blooming flowers or even local gifts.
Funk Zone One of Santa Barbara’s most vibrant and evolving neighborhoods where artists, surfboard shapers and urban winemakers originally set up shop, the walkable 13-block area is now home to some of the city’s best restaurants, wine tasting rooms, breweries, boutiques, creative collectives, galleries, hotels and more
IT WAS HARD TO CHOOSE… BUT THESE ARE A MUST
Loquita Delicious authentic Mexican food in the Funk Zone- highly recommend reservations!
Los Agaves More casual, but delicious Mexican restaurant where you order at the counter. Their wet burritos are fantastic!
The Lark Locally sourced, fresh, delectable, dreaming of it right now…. Reservations recommended!
Boathouse at Hendry’s Beach Brunch is a must- order the Huevos Rancheros!
Barbareño Delicious, unique menu with an incredible wine selection
Corazon Cocina Get the Norteño taco, you won’t regret it!
Finney’s Crafthouse & Kitchen AJ Scarborough’s favorite place! Right in the funk zone, delicious food, craft beers on draft & we especially love the large pretzel!
Arigato Sushi Our go-to sushi spot right in SB’s “promenade”
McConnell’s Ice Cream Stop here when you get a sweet tooth! So many different flavors!
Lama Dog Tap Room Elevated bar food with a great selection of beers on draft!
Shalhoob’s Funk Zone Patio Casual spot in the Funk Zone – the tri-tip sandwich is to die for!